This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com and other Amazon websites.
Harvest Hamburger Casserole
This recipe was contributed by Cynthia (Cyn) MacGregor from cynthiamacgregor.com.
Servings: 8 people
- Coking spray e.g. Pam
- 1 lbean ground round
- 2 15 cans diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 mediumnions chopped fine
- 2 tsp Worctershire sauce
- 2 shakes hotepper sauce e.g. Tabasco
- 2 medium potats peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpe flour
- 1 (10 opckg fron corn thawed
- 1 green pepper seed, cut into strips
- 1-1/2 cups shredded shp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°Treat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Lightly salt the bottom of a large skillet and place it over medium heat.
- Add the ground round, breaking it up as it cooks, till the meat is nicely browned.
- Turn off the heat and drain the fat from the skillet.
- Transfer beef to a large mixing bowl and add the tomatoes with their liquid, the onions, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce.
- Mix well and transfer to casserole dish. Pat down so the top is fairly level. Layer potatoes on top of that, then flour, corn, and green pepper.
- Cover casserole and place in oven.
- Cook for 45 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle top evenly with cheese.
- Return casserole dish to oven uncovered and bake another 30 minutes. Serve immediately. Serves 8.